The harness is designed to stay on, but a cat displaying that kind of behavior is a cat that's developed sensitivity against the harness, and counterconditioning is needed.
1) Get a harness that's light and flexible like this one, so that your cat is comfortable wearing it.
2) Let your cat impregnate the harness with their pheromones by placing it in areas where they sleep.
3) Put the harness on for short periods of time and offer food and playtime.
4) Train your cat to wear the harness and the leash indoors before going outdoors.
5) Start outdoor adventures in quiet places and make sure they are short and sweet.
Measure the girth of your cat, around the ribcage. Get the Kitten size if the girth is between 9-12 inches and the adult size if it's between 12-16 inches.
This harness was designed for all cats, but the name of the brand was inspired by my cat Mia, a bengal cat. The harness fits and works the exact same on any cat breed.
Every cat can learn to walk on a leash. The time it takes for them to thrive outdoors varies depending on factors like age, socialization, and personality.
Take the adventure cat test to see how strong is the outdoor drive on your cat.
Yes, the S size has been specifically designed for kittens. Check your cat's girth to know what size will offer the best fit for your kitten.
This harness is very light, for cats that are starting and cats that need more freedom and confort.
If your cat is overweight, make sure to measure the girth of your cat and ensure that the size you choose is the right fit.
The Large harness (L size) has been reinforced to support the weight and strength of a larger cat.
Yes, the escape-proof cat harness comes with a 6ft long leash.
Putting the Outdoor Bengal cat harness on your furry friend will be easy.
There are 2 ways to go about it:
- Teach your cat to sit and stay, then put the harness on.
- Holding the cat between your ribs and your elbow sitting on a sofa and using your free hands to put the harness on.
Download the manual if you need further detail and illustrations.
Don't take our word for it
We bought the M size for our male cat. He is not a big cat but the harness fits him just fine (with room for adjustment if he gets any bigger).
This harness is very cleverly designed, light weight, and unobtrusive. It does not restrict the movement of the cat, and is ideal for hiking adventures. It’s very easy to put on and in terms of the cat’s behavior, she acts like she isn’t wearing a harness at all.
This harness is so light weight and comfortable!
It took maximum 6 hours for my cat, Delilah to accept it. And now she enjoys her adventures outside!